This week, i handed all my project/assignment.....
1 - South East Asian review
2 - Film and history The talladega night review
the two lecturer is wacky, its a great module and i felt like I have learnt alot about america history
3- Philosophy
My political science friends are so hyped up about Obama, nearly every tutorial class in other subject talks about America election. Amidst all the celebration and the hail of " the birth of new generation", I'm somewhat skeptical about his grand plan, can he really CHANGE, the US situation is pretty mess-up and the congress/the senator have their own agenda. How obama going to convince them to join the change?
I guess i'm just pessimistic ( or rather, like what my senior said-racist) but i await the societal reform in US, where all race is being treated equally in term of economics and social welfare. I'm indeed very proud of our humanity, to see that people has shed their old " i must protect my race" mindset and voted for a president who are from other race.After all these years!! Its great to be in this era to witness such change!!!
It been said that Obama has well read about the civil-right movement and inspire by Dr King, I find it very true, I mean, look at the speech he gave! If, this movement manage to carry out in America , it will been a leading example for other country *cough* malaysia *cough*.
I await the day when someone is able to step up and propose the concept " where malay, chinese , indian and other races is equally treated", where race is no longer a determinant for our ideology or desire to prosper, where a just society will be formed so we no longer have to seek "protect" by restricting other race.
And this time, it wouldnt be said just for the sake of signing some declaration or agreement.
Change, might be just what we need.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Random Thoughts
Posted by leong,michelle at 11:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment