It was Saturday night, and my block is extremely quiet. I finished my readings, staring at my wall, it was then I decide to go to Esplanade Library and have a look at Chingay on the way.View of Raffles hotel and singapore Merlion from Esplanade.
Quite the contrary, CHINGAY is not chinese + gay association ! It is a grand event during chinese new year to promote the diversity of chinese cultural. Several performance from HK and China took part, our hall would have got to perform if we had won the Rag and Flag.
CNY is widely celebrated here, esplande has a month long event "hua Yi" for chinese performing art. Lu guang Zhong is coming on next sat, well, if only I'm able to buy his ticket earlier ( it sold out 1 month ago).Open air performance by 2nd runner up of Superstar
Down the road,Marina bay, where National Parade take place every year, there a carnival!A complete life size chess set
Wishing well, where you need to throw coins to hit the bell, for you wish to come true. I guess the organiser earn a fortune!
Hand puppet from Taiwan, it's amazingly delicate!
A 4 storey high God of Fortune... we all need him this year....
Happy Chinese New Year to all~
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Chinese New Year @Marina Bay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Nice illustrations of all :)
Post a Comment