CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Je ne veux pas travailler - Pink martini

Quote of my french teacher
"You singaporean very hardworking , or should I say kiey sue ( her attempts to pronounce kia su). Holiday should meant for you to rest, we french people take at least 1 month go to go play( referring vacation) you are so young, so many thing awaits you. Dont sit at home and just study at vacation week!"

Sorry I had failed you...

I heart it... It is a rendition from the famous Edith Piaf.

JE NE VEUX PAS TRAVAILLER ( I dont want to work)
My room has a shape of a cage
The sun passes its arm by the window
Hunters at my door
Like little soldiers
Who want to take me

I don't want to work
I don't want to lunch
I want only to forget
And then I smoke

Already I knew the perfume of love
A million roses don't embalm as much
Now only one flower in my entourages
Make me sick

I don't want to work
I don't want to lunch
I want only to forget
And then I smoke

I am not proud of that
Life which wants to kill me
It is splendid to be cool
But I never knew it
I don't want to work
No
I don't want to lunch
I want only to forget
And then I smoke
I am not proud of that
Life which wants to kill me
It is splendid to be cool
But I never knew it
I don't want to work
No
I don't want to lunch
I want only to forget
And then I smoke


I longed for the day where I can sit down and blissfully read a book for whole day, perhaps May?

0 comments: