CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 18, 2008

The Island named Singapore

Temptation

View from Orchard Road



Prince George Park Residence
Prince George Park Residence back view
Restaurant at PGP

Clock at PGP residence

zhen lin and I went to singpore the last few day to take our test and explore the environment.
Indeed, I'm amazed by the advancement in Singpore.

1. the acessible public transport
MRT which travel at fast speed, wide coverage and located at strategic location.
Lin and I was shocked to see primary school student cycle to bus station, lock their bicycles, walk to MRT and took MRT to school. Every main building/school/administration is at most15min walk
from nearest MRT.

2 Powerful Broadband Network
While streXXXXX proudly offer their "high connection broadband", broadband @ sg doesnt need any flashy advert. I mean, who would spend time looking at advert when you can stream drama or download movie at 500kb/SEC!

my emule highest download ( using streXXXX) only 40/kb, my sister and I even celebrated it. now i know how 'katak tempurung" i was.


the little garden near our foyer
my room=]SHEARES HALL

3 Courtesy
People actually line up for taxi and bus- in one STRAIGht long line....
Maybe we have this "help! we're lost" look on our face, their citizen will approach us and ask whether we need help, their might not know the exact transport we need to take, but the gesture is very heart-warming

4 Extreme form of fanaticism
Student in Sg has to work very hard for attained grades, get into prestigious school, get involve in activities.

When we were walking pass a supermarket, I noticed an aunty selling exam question of 25 famous school's test paper at a roadside stall.
They dont just to past yer question, they do test question from ALL FAMOUS SCHOOL.The aunty has a good business going on cause lots of parent actually buy that for their child.
Tong shien told me that parent put alot of efforts in getting their children in prestigious school, starting from primary school. Some school requested parent be a voluntaries in the school as the pre-criteria for their child to study in their school.

My senior shared with me her experience.She said that she had a cultural shock when she entered NUS ( she;s a singaporean)- as we cover much more module in SHORTER TIME.
In Arts and Social Science, tehy spend one year learning general module+ other faculty module.
therefore, we only spend 2 year doing our major

so, 2 year Economics in NUS=3 year Economics in UM!

5 Enthusistic in Sport
Thurs night-11pm

On our way to mamak, we passed by several NUS student, RUNNING UPHILL.
IF you're thinking,hey, they're probably athletic, you;re wrong.
Even average student, jog/ play basketball at night. They just used to run around. I mean, you would see alot of youngster wearing sport suit, taking public transport to stadium.
The government invest heavily on sport, my senior stated. Each district must would have a swimming. track, field complexe.
Athletic will be given certain privileges when its come to study( Sportman/women projects).



Lin and I will be going back sg this wed, for good. Guess we need to learn alot to adapt the island culture.
To our friends, come down here and visit us.....

1 comments:

Va said...

Wow, how I wish Malaysia would have good public transport system! Rarely I can see people here queue up for public transport - bus, train. T_T