CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Orientation Week @ UM

KOLEJ KEDIAMAN KEEMPAT

Reached at 29th June, its was lunch time then. Along the road, parent were carrying bulky luggage bag, while their child holding files, with a glorious face read- I"M A UM STUDent.

Fortunately, my dad doesnt need to suffer that, as his daugther has managed to drag her bag all the way through the uphill road.
Tahap keusangan yang tinggi floor
Looks like Harry Potter;s hall stair huh> I do hope it could move like those stairs in the movie.


4th college is built at 1962, and from my point of view, it hasnt changed much. The design, wall, window are..... erm... rich with historical values.
3 bed room

Roommates are from Sungai Buloh and Pahang. They are warm-hearted, throughout the orientation I'd borrowed pails, hangers, food, cloths....... I"m very grateful they put up with my carelessness. Yes, I ;m a "big headed prawn"

My floor, B 300, situated at the 5th floor... can u imagine how i walked up and down numerous time a day?


MOnkey evening meeting is held here... participant.. 5-10 monkey DAILY!!!

UM is a university surrounded by greens. Lots of lush green woods, field. I felt like I was on a vacation everyday! Especially at night, as my college is beside the wood, its quite chilly ( like genting) , I slept everyday serened by the sound of buzzing insect. Lying on the mattress, i could feel the tranquility . This might be the only place in KL to have such environment.

Then all those competition came in. I participated in choir,its a challenging one, my leader talk to me 2 hour before the performance and ask me to play the piano. They are good in persuading, keep telling me " you diploma, can do it one.... think abt 4th college..!!! you love 4th college rite~~"

Well, I ended up playing at Dewan Tunku Cansellor... Its pretty amazing experience to performace at such huge hall!

Sadly, our choir lost-miserably.

The trainers, Mr Syaid, always gives us inspirational ideas. He is a CAPTAIN in PALAPES ( stand by army force) and he mentioned lots of his notion about MAHASISWA, how we should " membangkitkan semangat bangsa", "bersumbang kepada negara dengan pengetahuan kita"

He make me believe that, as a undergraduate, we have so many potential to contribute to our country. Nevertheless, the Uni education will mould us into that great being.

He quoted ,"Kalau nak senang di masa depan, belajarlah menghadapi kesusahan and kecabaran sekarang juga". He dissented about how youth now acting LEMBIk, and how we should be more independant, and participate in our country issue

Suprisingly, few of my close friend in the orientation is malays. Initially I was concerned I couldnt fit in with them. The things is, they are real friendly and impart me about they " common term" (bengong, puyu, gugup), constantly explain to me about the meaning of words, song. Tikah, my sel mate even teach me how to speak kelantan malay... real funny lesson!

I would say I learn a lot from them. Majority of them are from east coast, perlis, kedah , terrengganu. They discussed with me about their family expectation, financial problem and opinions . Alot of them taking loans and have to strive in studies as well as work hard for their loan.

I look and them, at the same time, I felt ashamed of myself.

If they, without any backing from family, without strong financial plan,able to take up the chance, then I should able to do that.

Seriously, UM is good... locally. While NUS.... internationally.

1 comments:

Va said...

hey, you're studying at kelantan now? not going to singapore?

Eva