Today would be the fifth day my dad stopped talking to me......
whenever I try to make a conversation, it end with a uncomfortable silence.
" Take any professional course you like, but ECONS? in Singapore? You can graduate as a acountant, locally with 80k"
"I guess I'm those ordinary people who take ordinary courses" I beseeched.
He sighed.
what wrong with un-professional courses?
Thursday, July 10, 2008
T.T
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
everything we study have its own benefits geh!
ur dad may not agree with u now, but he may change his opinion some day, so u hav to prove tat u r right and u r actually making da rite decision!
this is ur future! u have da rights to choose what u wan!
gambate!
Hmmmm... it's a tough one to argue over my dear, in some point he's right, but then again, of course you'll be better off when applying for a job in the future especially when your cert is compared to the ones of local unis. and also it's beneficial when you wanna look for a job in sg in the future.
there's also such a thing as doing a major, and a minor within one degree course. maybe you can major in business and minor in something else? I duno how the course structure is like but in monash its possible although not in melb uni. anyway... your dad probably wants the best for you and although its hard to make him understand, if you're very sure that you're decision is one that will bring you to what you want in the future then go for it :) as ur friend said, he'll acccept it gradually, when time proves it.
Post a Comment