I did a personality test at facebook once- “what type of person you are”, and the result stated that I’m a world traveler. But in real life, I’m not a skillful traveler, in fact, I’ve always wonder what will happen if I managed to make it to the”world” level.
A natural traveler are those physically sturdy they could eat drink snake liquor ( read kennysia)without throwing up, pick up language in a short period, read map and navigate like ants through those ever sprawling road, and able to blend in like a chameleon-with the right height and complexion.
I don’t have all these qualities. My digestive systems failed me when I travel, (who else on earth got diarrhea eating canned food) , given the fact that I’m helpless food-lover, I cant resist to try EVERYTHING while I travel, and the drama begin in the toilet. I’m determined, sadly incompetent, in learning new language. Hence I hold on to “courtesy and smile are universal language” theory.
Besides , my shaky sense of direction means I can drive or walk for hour holding guide book and map with the vaguest idea where I am.
Despite all these, I’m devoted in traveling. I figure this out while I was in form 4 and I went to port Dickson with my money I saved for months. The scenery isn’t that pretty, furthermore , PD isn’t renowned by its clean ,idyllic coastline; but I remembered the feeling of walking endlessly and aimlessly, have spontaneous conversations with mak cik , and come across random surprises at every corner.
I feel about travel just like every mother feel about their impossible child, not matter what their child puts them through, they will adore their child, because its their child. I don’t care what I need to do to go on a voyage, in the very end, its mine.
My dear friend...i'm going to melaka tomo!
1 comments:
hey, i used to read baby's n other ppl's blog but came to yours today..awesome..u wrote it so details abt our sabah trip, brought back all the sweet memories..u always blur blur but when it comes to expressing urself in words, u'd touched my heart..love ya..
Post a Comment