
I've been staying up the whole night, reading "the kite runner" by Khaled Hoseini.
Its about two young men in Kabul ,Afghanistian at 60s. The beginning of the book describe the tranquil life at small city, where life is slow, people held strong faith in their religion, as well as uphold honour in every aspect of life.
Eventually , Amir, the main character, migrate to American after the war started. He leads a new life in the land of freedom, realises his dream to be a writer and married a woman he loves.
however, his fateful past still haunt him, instigate him to go back to Afghan, which ruled by Taliban, to seek redemption of his wrongs.
The book is gripping, owning to its simplicity and little descripiton , leaves your mind to picture the scene in in. I find the part where talibans comes in particularly disturbing, and i wonder, has the situation changed under america's "liberalisation"?
This morning, I came across Geert Wildeer's anti-koran videos @ youtube. its horrid image, filled with such hatred. Is this what they called religion? The way they shout out the name of god, devotedly, without any doubt on their horrendous act.
God is fair and wise, they said.
I totally agree. however, human is definitely not fair, and far from wise. Misintrepretation prone to happen. Thats the part where others need to stop and think.
I wonder what is khaleed Hoseini;s thoughts about islam. He, after all, still practise it after years living at US....
How he sees islam?
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Belief, it will bring us down
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
the kite runner[movie]will b on cinema screen soon!!
Post a Comment