CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Breakfast at Tiffany1961


I first watch it when I was 11, although I dont really understand some of its lines, I was mesmerised.

After years of searching, I found it. It isnt a original dvd so I'm still looking for one. This movie somehow provide me comfort when I was upset, furthermore never fail to entertain me when I was bored, I watched it a zillion time!

Starring George Peppard as Paul Varjak, an aspiring writer who lives on a woman paycheck; Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golight, a fey Manhattan socialite who feted by wealthy men.

Set in 1961, the movie starts off in a quiet early morning ,with Holly dressed in black dress, white pearl and sunglasses.While she sipping her coffee , she paused to look at Tiffany's display,this scene has became an icon in cinematography.

Paul wanted to change Holly free-spirited way of living, thus, he was constantly curious about her past.At the same time, Holly finds Paul charming and invited him to her party. BUt Wait! This is not those boy-meet-girl-and-fall-madly-in-love plots,however, the movies emphasize on how its feel to be young, ambitious but insecure in a big city.

When Buddy appeared , Paul managed to unravel the past that Holly hid, he came to a conclusion that she wasnt as free-spirit as she thought. On the contrary, she merely seek to protect herself from commiment, which she thought would breaks her heart in the end.

They had many flaw in their past, but most importantly, they forgive each other in the pursuit of companionship. Holly started to realise that she had to create a place where she belongs, instead of keep searching it, because she will never finds it.

Hepburn's irresitable charm and gave a new light on Holly characters,meantime, her thin figures gaves the 'chic and trendy' look. The author, capote wrote the character to be act by Marrilyn Monroe, but I think she couldnt protray the character as good as hepburn.

Not to forget the beautiful score "Moon River" by Henry Mancini, I suppose it was specially written to suit Hepburn's vocal range, as Hepburn stated that she cant sing well! Its a work of genius, I marvel at how he create the with such simple melody.

Timeless movie.

0 comments: